No longer maintained. Try leastworst.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hall life

These locals... they seem to greet each other with diu lei, diu lei lo mei  and other varieties of this message.
They can be loud and bang on doors when they're doing random stuff. They laugh at each other quite loudly and like to sing in both English and Cantonese. Sometimes they play hockey in the corridor at around midnight.
They're still alright people - friendly and will try to help get information for you. There are some scenes able to be found anywhere in the world, including this hall:
*mouse click* ,*mouse click*, *mouse click*, diu! diu! diu!

Many of them do seem to go 'home' for the weekend, providing some peace and quiet. Home not being all that far in Kowloon or the New Territories.

I'm grateful for the diverse activities they organise. I did manage to run in a 3000m steeplechase and found that I need to do more than just running.

They also decided to go for a night hike up to Victoria Peak after mulling over the temperature for two hours.

We left shortly after midnight and descended to main campus at around 4AM, just to have dim sum at Kennedy Town. My body doesn't appreciate the screwy times, especially the meal.


Even so, I couldn't resist the allure of night cycling. Because it's too busy to cycle on Hong Kong island during the day, they ride when everyone is meant to be asleep.
I suppose this would be the first time past Lan Kwai Fong for me. But only passing by and avoiding the queue spillover from bars/clubs onto the road.
It's quite something riding in the middle of the road on the tram tracks. Though this would later come back to get me as my concentration declined after 3AM and continuous drizzle. I did happen to lose concentration and let my tyre fall into the track and get a bit of a scab on my lower leg. Other people started to come off bikes after that time too.


We did stop for McDonalds at 2AM and this card proved to be useful:
The trip took us from the hall to the end of the tram line and some. We came up through Smithfield where only three people actually tried cycling up the inclined tunnel. My bike had some problems in changing to a lower gear and staying in there - I had to move the chain by hand which was a bit unpleasant.

So that brings us to 5AM and the need for a shower. Sleep at 6AM. =/ I only managed to sleep until 10AM for a few reasons. The adjustment to my body clock wasn't helpful for the midterm exam two days later. Ah well.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fully awesome. And a grrreat experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be up for a night bike ride when I get back? Maybe to Josh's house! hehe

    ReplyDelete