No longer maintained. Try leastworst.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 8, 2010

HK rain

In some ways I feel that Hong Kong rain is not as real and apparent as the rain I'm used to.
Of course, when I'm at ground level I can feel the impact of the raindrops on my head. However the temperature seems to remain rather warm.
When I'm in my room, the line "it occurred to me that it had been raining" seems to fit. I don't hear much noise from the rain - at most the drippings from one air conditioning unit to another. Granted, I'm nowhere near the roof level so I wouldn't be getting that kind of noise that I'm used to. I see the puddles form on the ground level. I open the windows and see that there is water falling from the sky. But there is an air of unrealness... it just seems to occur in a separate domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment